Note that these terms apply to every user of our website, and are not limited to users who are customers, browsers, vendors, retailers, suppliers, and/or content contributors.
Collection of Personal Information
Regarding the user registration as a result of collecting personal information, it will also be necessary for every user to exercise the following:
- truthfulness and accuracy in providing registration information,
- consistency in being accurate with information
As stated above, all the personal information we gather in our website are voluntarily; meaning, you will be responsible for keeping the confidentiality of your own user registration. We will not be held liable for any misuse of the information in your user registration by any third party, may it be authorized or unauthorized by you. Hence, you ought to be responsible for all the activities that happen under your user registration. In the event of failing to comply with the terms and conditions set by Go for Lokal, we reserve the right to not be accountable or held liable for loss or damage.
We observe industry regulatory disclosure requirements, leading us to implement the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which moves us to protect the privacy of individuals or users. So we do not, in any way, try to access, remove, or cause damages to a user’s account. Thus, what occurs in your user registration or account is your responsibility as you have agreed to voluntarily provide and disclose information and have warranted us the permission to collect, store, and process such personal data at your own risk.
Along with the registration of your account, you are agreeing that we can send electronic messages or other forms of communication regarding updates about Go for Lokal. They will be sent to the email address you provided in your registration. If you wish to stop receiving such messages or emails from us, you may do so at any time by deactivating your account or notifying us by contacting us that you will be deactivating your account.
The name and logo of Go for Lokal may not be used for purposes other than what it is initially intended for and its main goal. For the use of any of Go for Lokal’s intellectual property, we require property acknowledgement.
All other media such as images, video clips, photographs, and other materials that appear and are used in our website and certain blogs may come from third-party sources and links that are not affiliated with us. Each outside source used in our website is appropriately credited or linked to their respective owners and website origin. In addition, we duly credit and acknowledge products, brands, and company names mentioned in our website in respect to their intellectual property. However, we are not responsible for evaluating the content or accuracy of the third party materials used, therefore, are also not liable for any third party materials or websites. If there should be any concerns, questions, or complaints regarding the third party content, they should be directed accordingly to the third party.
Acceptable Use Policy
The following are under the Acceptable Use Policy, which emphasizes all other practices and constraints that every user must agree upon in order to peacefully access our website and all other social media accounts. Go for Lokal aims to exhibit a positive environment for all of our users as part of a good user experience. For that reason, we do not tolerate users who violate or misuse the site and content we have set to create a positive experience into a platform that exhibits negativity and invades other people’s privacy.
With that, you agree not to:
- use this website and all of its content to harass, insult, harm, slander, defame, abuse, discriminate, or intimidate other users based on their gender, religion, disability, race, age, and ethnicity;
- post content with false, misleading, and deceitful information;
- collect or track personal information of other users without their consent;
- use our content for any inappropriate, indecent, or immoral purpose;
- violate or contravene our copyright policy or intellectual property rights, and the intellectual property rights and third party rights of others;
- dispatch or transmit any computer viruses or malware intended to damage or alter a computer system or data;
- request or move others to perform unlawful acts;
- send emails and posts that are unsolicited, meant for every kind of phishing attacks, pyramid schemes, spam or junk mails, and chain letters that may carry threats or viruses;
- send emails and posts that contain harm to minors, pornography, abuse, harrassment, libelous, threatful, defamation, and unlawful content;
- send emails and posts that contain advertisements or promotional content from a third party source;
- violate or infringe any local and international laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances.
Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
You may find that at times, there are typographical errors, inaccuracies, and omissions in some of the contents and posts on this website such as the blogs, descriptions, and other pieces of information. Thus, we reserve the right to rectify any of those errors, inaccuracies, and omissions in order to update information.
All the terms and conditions, and other separate agreements we provide you shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
In case of changes in terms or any additional guidelines or rules to be followed, it will be posted accordingly.