At Go for Lokal, we respect all visitors of our website, thus it is our commitment to protect every user, especially those that provide contact information. We do not, in any way, share your personal information and see to it that the data we collect is protected.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://goforlokal.com
What information do we collect?
Note that all the information we collect is voluntarily submitted to our website. We collect data from visitors or users who voluntarily provide information for account registration or sign ups, newsletter subscriptions, contact us or reach out to us, inquiries, or feedback. The following are the kinds of information we collect from our visitors, but are also not limited to the ones we will be listing below:
- Email address
- Username, password
- Social media account details
Again, we do not ask for any information without full consent of the user and it is voluntarily provided to us. Once you provide data or information to us, you are acknowledging and agreeing that the personal data provided can be transferred and stored from your current location to the servers and other authorized third parties below:
- Analytics – We use Google Analytics to maintain a website that’s easy to use, up-to-date, and relevant for the users. With the help of analytics, we are able to better understand how people use our website. Along with this, we use a set of cookies to identify if the user has visited our website before, what they have previously viewed or clicked on, and how they were able to find us. The information collected stays anonymous and is only used for statistical purposes allowing us to use it to fittingly analyze patterns of user activity.
- Cookies – If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites – Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we use the information we collect?
Go for Lokal may use your information the following ways:
- For providing user support
- For sending updates, marketing messages, and newsletters if you choose to receive them
- For account creation and user identification
- For tracking and measuring website performance
- For potentially processing payments or purchases through Go for Lokal
- For protecting, investigating, and warning against unauthorized or inappropriate activities
How long do we retain your data?
For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We store information about you for as long as we need the information for certain purposes. Hence, we collect and use it, and are not legally required to continue keeping it.
How do we keep your data safe?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Who we share your data with
Rest assured that the personal data you provide to us will be safe. We do not sell, share, trade, or intend to transfer to any outside parties your personal information.
What rights do you have over your personal data?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Industry Regulatory Disclosure Requirements
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, people whose personal information is collected and processed are called data subjects. We are duty bound to observe and respect your privacy rights, including your right to information, right to access, right to correct, right to remove, right to damages, and right to data portability.
Occasionally, changes and updates on Go for Lokal’s policies may be done. So in the event that they are necessary, we will have them posted on this page: https://goforlokal.com/privacy-policy